Thursday, July 8, 2010

C25K - Week 8, Day 1

I drove to three different stores last night, but I finally succeeded in purchasing a new treadmill. It took hubby and I nearly two hours to put the dang thing together, but I was so happy when it was finally done. Getting up to run this morning was actually pretty easy because I was so excited to try it out.

I hopped on, started up my C25K app, and started my warm-up walk. I was a little scared of the 28 minute run that starts up Week 8, but I was feeling motivated. It felt so good to run again. I can't believe how much my body has missed it over the last week. I didn't feel any lag until I was nearly at the 20 minute mark. At about 22 minutes in, I started getting tired and wanted to quit but I kept going. The last two minutes were pretty brutal, but I wasn't going to give up. I even increased my speed a bit in the last minute. It felt SO GOOD!

I'm beginning to think that my body is actually transforming. I love that instead of dreading a run, I actually look forward to running. Running has always been so difficult for me and this is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!