Thursday, October 1, 2009

So Much For September

Let's just say the month of September had a few setbacks, mainly in the form of surgery...to the abdominal area. That didn't exactly bode well for the whole idea of dieting.

After going to the doc for a regular check-up (and complaining about some pain I was having), my doc wanted to do some follow-up tests. What she found was a rather large cyst on my ovary that needed to be removed. I was scheduled for surgery a few days later.

I did a bit of stress eating, I'll admit. I needed comfort and I just wasn't going to deal without a few margaritas and a cheesy ginormous burritos from my favorite Mexican spot. Then I just kinda continued the debauchery.

Following surgery I couldn't eat a lot and it took nearly a week for my appetite to really get back to normal. Thank goodness for that because this whole thing could have ended much worse!

After two weeks of my mother-in-law's cooking and celebrating my hubby's birthday with cake several days in a row, I actually ended up about 2 pounds less than I was prior to surgery. With the up and downs that leaves me at a total loss of 8 pounds since I started. It's not a huge loss, but I'll take it. This week I'm just trying to make sure I eat light and only when I'm hungry. Next week I'm back to counting points and hopefully throwing in some light exercise as long as my doc approves it.

It's a new month and I think It's going to be a good one!

Week 7ish:
Loss - 2 pounds
Exercise - 0/3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!