Monday, April 5, 2010

C25K - Week 1, Day 1 - Do Over

So I'm calling a do-over and starting from scratch.  I started this whole C25K thing with gusto.  I was ready to commit and I did great the first week.  Week 2 didn't go so well.  I had the best of intentions but I was tired and overslept on two of my run days.  I made up for one, but didn't catch the third one.  I had planned to do week two over the following week.

Sunday night, the one before I should have started my Week 3, I ended up taking my mom to the emergency room and was there until 2 a.m.  That didn't bode well for a 6 a.m. run.  Monday night I came down with some kind of horrible chill-inducing stomach bug, so a Tuesday morning run was out of the question.  Wednesday I finally started feeling better, but didn't make it up in time for a run.  Thursday was a sleep day, and Friday I had the kids home with me and there was no way they were going to give me 30 minutes to myself to run.

The whole week was just a mess.  I decided to give myself the weekend and start up again on Monday, going back to Week 1 workouts.

I did get out of bed this morning, as much as I didn't want to, and got my run in.  I bought myself some new running shoes over the weekend and it felt good to slip them on.  This week I am going to get at least my 3 scheduled runs in.  I might even do a couple extra if I can fit it in. 

I CAN do this. 

I WILL do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!