Friday, May 7, 2010

C25K - Week 3 Continued

I haven't been updating here as often as I would like, but I also haven't been running as often as I would like.  I'm really not doing well sticking to my MWF schedule for various reasons (excuses?).  Even though this is titled Week 3 of C25K, I'm in my 5th week of actually doing it.  I'm just stretching things out a bit. 

The Week 3 runs were rough at first, but the last two that I did felt a little easier.  I even added on an extra 90 sec. run the last time.  I'm hoping to do one more Week 3 run over the weekend, then move on to Week 4 starting Monday.  I'm hoping to pick up the pace in the next few weeks and push forward a bit more, instead of stretching each week into two.

I did get slowed down a bit this week thanks to a lovely head cold my daughter passed on and some pain in my right knee.  I'm actually a little surprised that the knee pain held off for this long.  It isn't horrible yet, but I did notice it hurting more than usual so I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible.  I may need to find some strength exercises to help with my knees as they are probably my weakest point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!