Monday, May 10, 2010

C25K - Week 4, Days 1 & 2

So, since I posted that I was going to do one more Week 3 run on Saturday, I decided to just go ahead and jump into Week 4 instead.  I may have been a little unhappy that my kids decided to wake me up so early on Saturday morning and needed to run off some steam, maybe.

I actually did it though, shy of about one minute on the 3rd run when I thought my legs were just going to collapse underneath me.  I was pretty happy that I got that far though.  16 full minutes of running for someone who does not run is pretty impressive, even if I sliced a minute off.

This morning I forced myself out of bed for my second try and I did it.  I took a short 30 sec. break during the last 5 min run for a sip of water because my throat was way too dry (still dealing with a cold and sore throat), but I made up the 30 sec. on the end.  I'm pretty amazed that I pushed myself through even when I wanted to quit.

Every time I look ahead to the next week's workout I think there's no way I can do it, but then I move forward and I DO IT.  I am doing it, and it feels amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!