Friday, May 21, 2010

Hillcrest 5K Benefit Walk

Last Saturday I completed my first 5K.  It was a walk, not run, but I still think it was beneficial in helping me realize just how far a 5K really is.  I'm still only doing a little under 2 miles on my C25K runs so I still have a ways to go.

Getting ready to walk for Hillcrest Tansitional Housing! #fb

My mom and I walked together and kept up a good pace the whole time. Unfortunately, I ended up with a blister on my toe and my shins were a bit sore afterward (I'm only used to the treadmill!). Otherwise, it went really well and now I'm even more pumped up for Race for the Cure! I think I've talked my mom into walking it, but I'm still going to attempt the run.  We're hoping to put a small team together for Race for the Cure and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!