Friday, May 21, 2010

C25K - Week 5

I haven't updated this week and I blame it on the fact that I'm disappointed in myself.  I didn't get up and run Monday morning like I should have.  I was tired, my blister and my shins were still hurting from the walk on Saturday, and I just didn't feel like getting up.

Tuesday I did get up.  I did my Monday run and I felt great.  I completed the Week 5, Day 1 run - 3 5-minute runs.  I was proud of myself, even though it was a struggle to get through the last bit of it.

I try to do every other day during the week, so I should have run again on Thursday.  Wednesday night, however, did not go as planned and I ended up staying up way too late so I didn't get up on Thursday.

Today though, I got up.  I didn't want to.  I even tweeted about how much I didn't want to run.  But I did it.  I freaked out when I looked at my C25K app and saw that I was supposed to run 8 minutes, walk 5, then run another 8.  How could I possibly do that when I struggled through 5 minutes of running the last time?  But you know what?  I did it and it actually seemed a little easier than the 5 minute runs.  I found myself having to really push at about the 2 minute mark and at about 4 1/2 minutes, but once I pushed through those it wasn't so bad.  I actually think I could have gone past the 8 minutes if I had wanted to.

I'm still amazed that I ran 8 minutes in a row (twice!).  A few weeks ago I really didn't think I'd ever get there, but here I am!

I haven't been updating me weight (sidebar) because I haven't really had much change there, but my body is changing.  My husband even commented that my stomach is looking smaller (unsolicited) and that made me feel really good because I had noticed that difference too.  I haven't really been watching what I eat, so that's the next step.  If I could control what I'm putting in my mouth, I think I would see a lot more difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!