Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shred - Day 9

So. Yeah.

So much for 30 days straight.

I did it for 3 days, took a day off out of exhaustion, shredded another day, took a day off for Mother's Day, took another day off because I was too tired. Plus, I was mad because I GAINED 1 1/2 pounds when I should have been losing.

On Tuesday I got up and Shredded again. Today? I slept in. I may make it up tonight if I can manage to muster up the energy.

So, I'm 5/9 so far. I really thought I could do this for 30 days but apparently I just don't have the drive. I'm not quitting though. I'm going to keep going. It may take me two months to complete the 30 Day Shred, but at least I'm exercising way more than I was before. It has to help, right?

Clearly, I need to re-think my goals a little. Exercising every day just doesn't seem practical for me right now. I know it's a bit of a cop-out, but perhaps 5 days a week with 2 days off would be a better schedule. I'll have to think about that.

I think the biggest hurdle in all of this for me is getting myself to bed at a decent time. If I get to bed early enough, getting up to work out isn't so hard in the mornings. From what I read, getting enough sleep will make the weight loss easier as well. I just wish I didn't have so much to do at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!