Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Willpower Is Not My Talent

Three days in and already I'm realizing I need to somehow find more willpower. It just isn't my thing. I did great of the first two days, even getting some exercise in on Day 2 (if you count Wii Tennis as exercise).

Today was a stressful day. My work computer has been acting up and we finally decided to replace the hard drive, which means I have to re-load my entire computer. Even though I brought my lunch, I had to use my lunch break to go buy the new hard drive and get gas for my car. When my mom suggested Red Robin for lunch I agreed, not thinking of the super fattening fries that would come with my chicken wrap. I couldn't resist having a few.

Then, after work we had to rush to swimming lessons and since my mom was joining us for dinner we ended up ordering Chinese food in. So much for counting points. I don't even know how many points I used up, so I guess I can just assume that my flex points for the week are gone.

The good news is that I stepped on the scale this morning (I couldn't resist) and it already showed a couple pounds gone. It may just be water weight, but it was encouraging to see. I'm anxious to see where I'm at come Monday, my weigh-in day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!