Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 3 Update

I'm thinking a better title for this week's update would be "Margaritas and Diets Don't Mix." All you really need to know about this week is those five short words.

The last week was stressful. For one thing, my computer at work crashed and I spent all week trying to get it working and set up again. Then, I spent my only two free evenings doing a rush job on a design project that I had completely forgotten about. The kids were extra cranky too. When you add all that up I just had more stress than I could handle.

So, what did I do? Eat. Taco Bell, Sonic, El Maguay, late night nachos, and many, many, margaritas over the weekend all added up to putting 4 pounds back on. I almost refused to step on the scale this morning, but that would have been too easy. I needed to see that number come back up.

Today I had my very first mammogram. I wanted to reward myself afterwards with a Frosty to relieve my stress, but I didn't. I went back to work and didn't eat a thing. I did not give in to the craving and I'm so proud of myself for that.

I need to get those 4 pounds back off. It's going to be a rough week.

Week 3:
Loss - +4 pounds
Exercise - 0/3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!