Monday, August 10, 2009

Starting Over

As the title says, I'm starting over. I don't know of a better way to keep myself accountable than to write about it here. I'm really not good at this whole diet/exercise thing, but I want to be. I want to find the motivation to make myself better. I want to be healthy. I just don't want to have to work so hard at it.

I'm adapting my "30 Days To A Better Me" plan. I initially planned 30 day increments with the idea of doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day-Shred, but that didn't work out so well. For now, every 30 days will be a check-point of sorts. That will be the time that I stop, evaluate where I'm at, where I want to be, and how I can change my plan to fit my life better. I hope that will help to keep me from just giving up in frustration. I want my plan to be flexible, but I also know that it takes time to form habits.

As of today, Hubby and I are back on Weight Watchers. My weight has gotten out of hand (though really I just never lost the baby weight after having Evie) and he wants to lose some too, so we're doing it together. We need each other's support to stick to it. My long-term weight loss goal is to lose 60 pounds.

As far as exercise goes, the 30 Day Shred just isn't my thing. It's a good workout, but my knees apparently can't handle it. I still plan to work it into my routine, but it definitely won't be daily. I'm ready to jump into my EA Sports Active that I got for the Wii, and will probably rotate the two, along with some time on my treadmill. My initial goal is to exercise 3x a week. I know I should do more, but until I figure out how to work the time into my schedule, I need to start small.

Over in the sidebar, I've made new sections for "Goals" and "Accomplishments". I plan to update the accomplishments every 30 days in order to help re-evaluate my goals. I will most likely update the weight loss weekly, on Mondays (my WW weigh-in day). For the first time ever, I'm also going to measure my body and record inches lost as well. I'm hoping that will help motivate me as I watch them drop off.

I'll be updating here as I see fit, when I need a little motivation, or when I want to share my accomplishments. I really want to commit to this. I really want a healthier body and lifestyle.

Here's to my first 30 days to a better me!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Baby steps are the way to go. As the pounds start to fade away you just might catch yourself keeping up with Jillian!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but this whole thing is hard enough already. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. If you can relate to my struggle or have words of encouragement, please share!